API call for Make a random inbox

Hi team,

I’m researching ur services and was wondering as a free user is there an API call that I can use to [Make a random inbox] ? I was not able to find anything in the documentation. My idea is before test, I want to generate random inbox, use it for example for the registration and to check it afterwards if is received in the inbox.

Regards,
Val

Hi Val,

There is no need to create an inbox in advance of sending an email to it. You can send to any inbox @mailsac.com. You can try this by sending an email to [email protected]. If you go to https://mailsac.com/inbox/[email protected] in your browser, you will be able to see the email you sent.

By using a sufficiently random inbox, you shouldn’t need to check if the inbox is already owned by another user. If you choose to a more common inbox, such as [email protected] or [email protected], you may find those email addresses are already made private by another user.

If you want to programmatically check if an address is owned by another user you can use this REST API Endpoint. This way you can validate that you will be able to view the message you sent.

If you don’t want your email to be public I recommend using private addresses or private domains. These two features are included in all our paid plans.

I’m glad to answer any follow up questions you may have.

Michael

1 Like

Thanks for the answer !